Friday 20 August 2010

Summer Fruits!

We are in a bike shop - Jimmy has now broken 3 spokes in as many days - and they are letting me use their computer. We are in a border town called Osoyoos; and I had my first Tim Hortons Ice Cap (chocolate slushy drink; recommended by a warmshowers cyclist).
From Princeton we cycled Highway 3 towards increasingly dry land, with irrigators spraying water into the midday sun. At Keremeos (famous for it's summer fruit) we stopped and went crazy buying nectarines, apricots, peaches and apples. We've done 114km by 3pm today as Jimmy needed to get to the bike shop before the weekend. Tomorrow we will climb Anarchist Pass (1234m), heading for Grand Forks. I'll need a few bagels in my bag to keep my spirits up!
But I must say today I feel like I've found my stride; day 4 of cycling (we've covered big distances compared with what I'm used to) and I'm starting to feel good; though the bum hasn't gotten used to the saddle yet.

1 comment:

  1. Much bigger than the kiwi summer....must be something about picking your cycle buddies! Loving the stories, keep 'em coming...

    ReplyDelete